The idea is to offer new golfers a way to learn the basics of the game in a fun, no-pressure setting while helping experienced players start their year the right way. Included in the program are not only golf instruction sessions but clinics on eating right, staying fit, and using the right equipment for your individual capabilities. I particularly think it's a great idea to have an on-course playing lesson early in the program.
The Brynwood Troon Prive Golf Academy has something for golfers at all levels--including those who have never picked up a club. Here's the schedule:
Saturday, May 3, 8 AM - 6 PM
- Golf 101 - The history of golf, the basic rules and common etiquette as it applies on the course.
- Course Management - Play holes 14, 15 and 16 from all different locations and scenarios to look at club selection and approach to each hole
- Shot-Specific Clinics - Break down the best approach, mechanics and techniques tailored to every golfer’s individual swing.
- Club Fitting Experience - Test Callaway, TaylorMade and Titleist’s newest equipment while golf pros analyze your swing using FlightScope
Sunday, May 4, 8 AM - 4 PM
- Golf Course Run - Get your heart pumping and clear your mind for golf
- K Vest - Check your swing sequence, speed, and timing with this pro-level instrument
- TPI Fit Golf - Titleist Performance Institute integrates fitness with golf improvement
- Troon Fit Lunch - Take a break and eat right
- Healthy Cooking - Tips from Chef Cesar
- Juicing - Marco explains the hows and whys
- Adult Short Game/Kids Putting - Simultaneous clinics
- Adult Putting/Kids SNAG - Simultaneous clinics
- Awards Ceremony
Participants will also have a chance to win $15,000 in a Par 3 Contest and a Yeti Mountain Bike.
You have to be a member to participate, but Brynwood makes that easy--no initiation fee and membership payment options start as low as $700 per month. What's more, if you join by April 1 and participate in the Academy May 3-4, Brynwood is offering this money-back guarantee: If immediately after you complete the two-day comprehensive course you feel that golf is just not for you, you can resign your membership for 2014.
Josh Lowney, PGA Professional and Brynwood General Manager, says, "Brynwood is very proud to host this event and is excited to take this proactive teaching approach to improve your swing, body and fitness while helping you realize your full potential on the golf course."
Among many other books, Dave Donelson is the author of Weird Golf: 18 tales of fantastic, horrific, scientifically impossible, and morally reprehensible golf