|Brynwood's #8, a challenging par three|
Zero initiation fees and reasonable memberships designed to fit the way different demographic groups use the club are just two of the ways Brynwood is creating a modern private club business. “We have a dynamic membership that demands the highest quality country club experience in a sophisticated, yet approachable environment,” says Josh Lowney, General Manager. “We feature a great golf course that is meticulously maintained, the best food I’ve seen at any country club thanks to our culinary team that joined us last year from Cipriani in New York City, and a social calendar that includes live music, dance parties and exclusive wine tasting dinners.”
Given the high end club experience, the membership packages become even more attractive. Here are some of the more popular for 2014:
• Sports Memberships priced at $700 per month. The Sports Membership includes tennis, pool, gym and all clubhouse and social activities.
• Young Executive Membership priced at $962 per month. This is a full family golf membership and one spouse needs to be under 40 years of age upon joining to qualify.
• Classic Membership priced at $1,050 per month. This is a full family golf membership and one spouse needs to be over 70 years of age upon joining to qualify.
• Single Membership priced at $1,050 per month. This is a golf membership where one spouse plays golf and the rest of the family can enjoy all of the club’s facilities other than the golf course.
• Family Membership priced at $1,225 per month. This is a full family membership where all family members can enjoy all of the club’s facilities. Children up to the age of 25 are included at no additional cost.
Brynwood is managed by Troon Golf and members are automatically enrolled in the Troon Prive’ program that allows them to play hundreds of Troon golf courses around the world. The club facilities include an 18-hole, championship golf course, 7 Har-Tru tennis courts, an outdoor swimming pool, and a 65,000-square-foot clubhouse. The newly renovated clubhouse features an elegant lobby and ballroom that can accommodate up to 400 guests. There is also a sports lounge, a fully equipped fitness center, a business center and a children’s playroom with a movie theater and video games.
Among many other books, Dave Donelson is the author of Weird Golf: 18 tales of fantastic, horrific, scientifically impossible, and morally reprehensible golf