Nearly a third of the best thirty golf courses in New York state are located in Westchester County, according to the latest Golf Digest state-by-state rankings. Here's the list of Westchester courses along with their rank:
3. Winged Foot G.C. (West), Mamaroneck
10. Winged Foot G.C. (East), Mamaroneck
11. Quaker Ridge G.C., Scarsdale
12. Hudson National G.C., Croton-on-Hudson
15. Sleepy Hollow C.C., Scarborough
19. Fenway G.C., Scarsdale
23. Westchester C.C. (West), Rye
26. (-) Old Oaks G.C., Purchase
27. (-) Century C.C., Purchase
Fenway made a big jump from the 2013-14 rankings, moving up to 19 from 27, while Old Oaks and Century weren't in the top thirty last year.
Manhattan Woods G.C., just across the river in West Nyack (Rockland County), is ranked at 25 on the list.
Long Island neighbors Shinnecock Hills G.C. and National Golf Links of America are ranked first and second in the state.
Among many other books, Dave Donelson is the author of Weird Golf: 18 tales of fantastic, horrific, scientifically impossible, and morally reprehensible golf