If you want to become a great putter work on try these drills:
- Use impact tape to see where you strike the face of the putter. Try to hit an area smaller than the top of a tee.
- Work on a comfortable setup position. Use a mirror to work on alignment, distance to the ball, posture and balance.
- Practice reading greens. I find it easier to read a green when I know where the straight putt is located. Walk to the right and left of your ball and find the straight putt. This helps you to decipher the break.
- Use a chalk line to practice rolling the ball on your target line. Snap a 15’ line down and hit putts in three foot increments. This drill also helps with club face alignment.
- Practice hitting several putts the same distance. Take five balls and putt them to an area (not a hole). See if you can get all the balls within a club length of each other.
If you are successful with these drills your putting will improve and your confidence will grow. If you are still struggling consult with a PGA golf professional.